Planning a trip anytime soon? Then do not wait, embark on an adventure with your favorite person, yourself!
Travelling alone might not seem like the best way to spend a vacation. But by choosing to go on an adventure trip you might never get the time to feel lonely. Let us take a look at the benefits of having a solo adventure trip. A few tips can also make your adventure travel a safe and enjoyable one.
Advantages of adventure traveling alone
Have you ever wanted to go backpacking alone or ever wanted to embark on an unplanned journey? Adventure traveling can give you just the kicks that you need. Even though travelling alone might seem daunting here are a few advantages that can help you changing your mind:
- While travelling alone, you do not have to do things that you do not want to do. You do not have to visit some boring art museum or visit a local theme park. On your solo adventure journey you can visit the place that you want to go. The only person you need to impress is yourself.
- What is worse than your loved ones complaining about the trip that you have painstakingly planned? By travelling alone you do not have to hear your partner nagging or your children throwing a tantrum about the extra long hike that you had planned. You can enjoy each adventure without worrying about complaints.
- When you travel with your friends or family there is very little interaction with strangers. But when you travel alone you get to interact with more people. Since you might not have a familiar face you will find it easier to make new friends.
- You can cut loose without having to worry about being judged. You can have a goof up and never have to hear about it at family gatherings. You can get sloshed and never have to hear about it from friends. What happened during the trip will be your personal memory; you can choose to share the parts of the stories that you want to be heard.
- The busy schedules that we all need to follow can barely leave you with enough alone time. A nice solo adventure journey can help you get some alone time. But since you will have so much fun embarking on an adventure you will never feel alone.
- Travelling alone can be much cheaper than travelling with your family. You can put up with whatever accommodation you get. If your main objective is having an adventure, then finances come secondary.
- Being on your own you might be more on your toes than you would be when travelling with familiar people. This ensures that your journey is safe. Mobile phones have made travelling alone much safer. You can always call someone in case of any emergencies.
- For many people embarking on a solo journey can be an achievement. It can be a turning point in many people’s lives. The joy of travelling alone is sure to leave a mark on your life.
Tips for the best adventure traveling
If you are adventure traveling alone for the first time then the following tips can help you enjoy the trip even more:
- Throw “planning” out of the window. If you are looking for an adventure planning ahead can never give you the best experience. An impromptu move can give you the best travelling experience. You might have a check list of all the places you want to visit or all the things you want to do but never force a schedule on yourself.
- A good adventure traveller is never picky. If you are really willing to have an adventure then get ready to try new food and adjust to unlikely living conditions. You cannot shy away from the chance of trying something new and expect to enjoy your trip.
- Since you will be travelling with strangers you need to learn to be wary of your surroundings. At the same time do not put up so many walls that you are too engrossed to enjoy the trip. Be generous with strangers, learn to share with them, but always know where to draw the line.
- If you want to opt for something a bit less adventurous then there are adventure tours vacations packages that many travel agencies offer. For your first solo adventure trip you might choose this more tame trip. Since adventure tourism is now a fad more and more tour companies are offering adventure traveling packages.
- Not wanting to go on a scheduled tour can lead you to better adventures. But whatever you do always be confident. Confidence can get you out of sticky situations. If you seem like a scared lamb people are likely to take advantage of you.
- Do your homework before heading to an unknown destination all by yourself. You might be looking for an adventure but do not do something risky. Check up on the climatic and political scenarios of the place that you are choosing to visit. A trip to Egypt during the Lotus Revolution cannot be termed as adventurous, but a visit to Serengeti during the wildebeest migration can be a good trip.
- Knowing a few terms in the local language can be helpful. You do not need to be a sparkling conversationalist in a foreign language. A broken thank you can impress locals enough to help you out. Carry a translated dictionary to help you communicate.
- The locals might hold the secret to the best adventure that few can have. This is why it is integral to establish communication with the locals. A meal at the home of a local can be a new experience altogether. So, always try to be open minded and interact with the locals
Now that you know, the advantages of travelling alone and are aware of the tips to a successful journey, you can embark on adventures worldwide.